A refreshing blend of fruits and greens full of flavour and nutrients.
This would be great in the summer, but who says we can’t enjoy the tropical flavours all year round? This is also great for those of us who live in the cold and snowy areas in the winter.
There are many benefits of having this smoothie with it’s good amount of nutrients, and it will also uplift your mood during the darker and colder days.
Pineapples are loaded with good stuff. They are a great source of vitamin C and manganese. They also contain vitamin B6, potassium, copper, folate, magnesium, thiamin, and more. Pineapples can ease digestion as well due to their enzymes. Additionally, pineapples are packed with healthy antioxidants and can boost your immune system.
Bananas are known for being rich in potassium which is great for heart health. They are also high in vitamin B6 and are a good source of manganese and vitamin C. Bananas can also help maintain blood sugar levels as they are rich in pectin, and are ranked low on the glycemic index.
Kale is loaded with antioxidants and is also a good source of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and manganese. It is super rich in vitamin C and vitamin K. It’s high in beta-carotene as well, which the body turns into vitamin A.
Cilantro is what I like best in this smoothie. The taste is mild for me. It won’t be for everyone’s palette – you can use less if need be – or not at all – but keep in mind it has many health benefits. Cilantro can reduce anxiety, lower blood sugar, and can relieve an upset stomach. The leaves contain vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K, folate, manganese, and potassium.
Put on your flip-flops, close your eyes, take a sip, and imagine you are on a hot tropical beach. The nutrients will do the rest of the work.
Pineapple Banana Green Smoothie
- high speed blender
- ½ cup coconut milk (or another dairy-free milk – here is my homemade Coconut Milk Recipe)
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup kale
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients in order in a high-speed blender
- Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth. (I use the Smoothie setting on my Vitamix which is 45 seconds).
- Serve and enjoy!
- I use my homemade Coconut Milk to add to the tropical flavours but any other non-dairy milk will work.
- Cilantro is optional if you really don’t like it but it does add to the nutrients. I do like cilantro but in this, I don’t taste it much (could be different from person to person).
- Add 1-2 tbsp of Hemp Seeds for an Omega-3 boost.
Did you make this recipe?
Comment below and share it on social media.
Don’t forget to tag me!